Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Be Still and Know That I am God



I my youth I often sat on the banks of Durham Creek at the Bonnerton, NC bridge and thought about life. During times of soul searching or dealing with teenage pressures I found this little piece of heaven on earth the most inspiring place to ponder life and its mysteries. It was one of those special places where I felt God’s presence and peace.

I remember sitting on the creek bank and daydreaming for what seemed like hours. The cool breeze and the soft lapping of the waves brought a calming peace and a clearing mind to any situation.

Today is one of those days when I need to sit on the bank of the creek and feel God’s love and peace. Thanks to a picture I found on the computer (by Joe Bud Jones), I can now sit and stare at this little piece of heaven. No it is not the same but,  God’s word is remains true: “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10a.)




No comments:

Post a Comment