“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” Robert Frost
Life does go on and no matter how bad it may seem now, life continues and is constantly in a state of change. In this day and time it would be easy to get discouraged and depressed, but we have to weather the storm as the sun will surely come out.
With all the news about the economy, the war, and the environment how is one suppose to stay positive. Every one of us knows people, friends and/or family members, if not ourselves, who have been directly affected by the hard times we face today. Whether it be lose of job, lose of a home, de-valuation of your assets, or the rising financial cost of living, the present economy has impacted our lives in some fashion. Unless you are totally hard hearted it has to hit a nerve somewhere.
The stress on our families is growing everyday but take heart and a new day is coming. Here are a few tips to help you get by.
1. Turn off the TV and stop watching the news.
2. Set personal goals to overcome your present situation.
3. After step #2 put the plan into action and do not get discouraged even if you have to adjust your plan.
4. Have fun. There are lots of free things to do with your family which are fun. Get off you rumpus, get out and have fun.
5. Find positive friends and associate with them. Negative, complaining people will only bring you down.
6. Put what Satchell Paige once said, "Seems like the harder I work, the luckier I get." into practice in your life.
7. Get out and help other people. Volunteer and be apart of the solution in someone else’s life.
It takes work but you can overcome and survive these trying times. Just remember:
"This too shall pass"