Friday, April 13, 2012

Timing Your Speech

So you have to give presentation and you are trying to determine the length of your talk. Here is an old tip I use all the time. It may not be politically correct but it works.



The other day I had to prepare a short talk to give at a meeting I had to attend. It wasn't that difficult as it was a subject I was very familiar with but you always wonder about the length and time.


Many moons ago when I was taking Agriculture 1 as a freshman at Aurora High School in Aurora NC we had a short chapter on public speaking. Our teacher, Finley Lewis, gave this simple rule which has stuck with me and guided me in every speech I have made:


"A speech should be like a woman's dress, long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep the interest."



For more information public speech order your copy of my book "I Have to Give a Speech" today:


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment